Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

4.10.2007

What day is it?

Hmmm...where to begin. First off, day 90 of our time of consecration same and went without fanfare or recognition. This is mainly due to the fact that our silence in the PR was extended another three months and the rest of the habits that we were trying to establish have become part of our culture. So, now I have to try to come up with something cool for the titles of my posts, or not.

The verse that I came to this evening was one of those happy accidents. I was reading Psalm 19 about the law, statutes, testimonies and the fear of the Lord. Micah started singing a great chorus and so I closed my eyes and joined in. When I opened my eyes I went back to my place and found this verse,
"I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved." (Ps 16:7-8)
As I was reading those verses jumped out at me. I had that, "who put these new verses in my bible" feeling. Then I kept reading and I realized that the pages of my bible had flipped and I was in Psalm 16. I was alright with it though. After everything that went on last week, this verse came up as a confirmation to my heart. When everything in my life got a good shake down, I was not moved because I had set the Lord before me. At this thought I began to smile because it means that all of those "settled and established in love" prayers are actually working. Beholding and blessing the Lord really changes things in your heart and in your life. The crazy thing is that I wouldn't have seen the fruit of it unless some obstacles came against me. It's funny how it all works out in the end.

Also, as I side note. I am more than willing to conform to the popular kids and switch to wordpress, but I need someone to walk me through the process. Any takers?

4 comments:

Victoria said...

i'll help. it's quite easy. lemme know when...you got my number. it's fun too...ooh ooh let me!!!

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Caving to the "cool kids"...Resist Charity! Resist! Resist! Resist!

Victoria said...

charity: ignore the guy speaking silly nonsense...wordpress is a trillion times better. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wordpress rocks! My awesome husband would totally help you get set up! Then we could be wordpress buddies!