Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

3.11.2007

Day 63

Tonight at the Night watch meeting, Clay encouraged us to remember that we are still in a time of consecration and to remember why we are doing what we are doing. Ouch. I have certainly let the solemnity of the Solemn Assembly slip from my consciousness. One of the things that I set out to do for these 90 days was to make it a habit to daily behold and bless the Lord. However, in the last month, I have certainly become slack in my endeavors. But one great things about the HOP is that we are constantly given chances to 're-sign-up-again.' So, I will try my hardest to daily 'behold the man, the lamb and the branch.' He is so beautiful. It is amazing how quickly we can become distracted from the only thing that really matters. The necessity of 'setting my mind on things above' cannot be overstated. I need to keep my eyes glued to His face no matter what other good things demand my attention.

So keep me accountable. If you don't see me consistently writing, then I expect a barrage of emails reminding me of my commitments!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like you, charity ann bates. i like you a lot.

i'm hoping your middle name is ann. it seems fitting.

and i like reading the things that come out of your brain cells. they cause me to marvel and remember Jesus.

Jerry James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry James said...

Your "slack" is a high standard that few even think of, but God is good again to call you up even higher.
So . . . I'm warning you, "Behold the Lord and blog, or else".
Also, I stand in agreement with Kacie Ann about that liking you alot stuff.

Unknown said...

I've said it many times Charity is one of my favorite people!

charity said...

Kacie, you are very close. I am charity anne bates but I am anne with an 'e'! It is important to make that distinction.

ChriS & Yvette Ferguson said...

Charity Anne Bates...Your blog is awesome but for someone as creative as yourself. Some who works in the visual arts...You need to throw an occassional photo people, places, or Art.

You've been holding out on us. For the record "HE LOVES YOU FOREVER!" and many of us here on the planet think you're cool too!

Kristine said...

Um, can I chime in and add a belated "you're cool", too? I guess it might seem redundant in light of the recently added comments, but no person is too cool to not need to have it said of them numerous times that their coolness, does indeed and in fact, exist. How's that for a verbal conundrum? I love your face!!!!!!!!