Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

3.13.2007

Day 65

Today we started our third module - The Book of Revelation - with Dave Sliker. It should prove to be an informative and entertaining venture. So, for the next three weeks, most of my 'beholding' verses are probably going to come from Revelation. Actually, Sliker made and interesting comment today in class. He said that the book of Revelation is actually the main way that Jesus wanted to be revealed to His people, not the gospels. I don't know if I buy that completely, (actually, I would like to see Sliker vs. Venable on this subject...) but I know that there are descriptions of Jesus in the book of Revelation that I could stare at for days. So I am just going to start at the beginning, it's a very good place to start. Rev 1:7,
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will mourn on account of him. Even so. Amen.
I know that as I begin to gaze at the person of Jesus and the events surrounding His second coming that two main things are going to happen in my heart. Or at least this is what I am praying for. I am praying that as I gaze at the leadership of Jesus, that I will fall even more in love with Him and truly begin to long for the day when He splits the sky. The second is that my love for Him and the 'urgency of the hour' will drive me to the place of prayer to cry out for people to know this man. Seriously. the day is coming when every eye will see Him, whether they want to or not and I want as many people standing with Him on that day as humanly possible. Yep. Jesus is coming back and millions of people don't know it yet. Pray for salvation. Pray for a unified Bride. Pray for messengers to be sent to the entertainment industry. The message has got to get out.

2 comments:

Jerry James said...

I cannot imagine what it will be like to see Him . . . to behold Him. I fear that I have a far to casual view. This is God in the flesh. His name is way high above any other name. He is holy. He is VERY BRIGHT. How will we be able gaze upon Him. I know that seeing Him will cause me to mourn. I need to know that now. I need grace to know Him now. Jesus, I want to know you now so that when I see you face to face I will know you, and you will know me and I will not be crushed.

Jonathan said...

Amen and amen. To truly behold and bless Him now, what an honor. Terrifying beauty to be consumed in now. Those who sow mourning will reap joy. Please never stop writing.