Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

3.21.2007

I am sick

I am sick. I have been sick for days. I have this sinus-pain-and-pressure-why-does my-face-hurt-so-much-sore-throat-death-cough-maybe-it's-the-black-lung? thing going on for a while now. I have been spending day after day in bed, hours and hours with nothing to do but read people's blogs and post on the Book of Revelation forum, which just shows how nerd-core I am.

Tonight I had some friends visit me and they brought me a cheesy-sappy-romantic comedy to watch. It amazed me to realize that I have not watched a movie that was made before 1960 in the last two months. (Kevin and Kathrine took me to see "A Night at the Museum" for my birthday.) As I was watching this movie, I realized two very important things:

1) I am not missing much by not watching movies. Not to say that I didn't like the film, but I wish that I could have had two hours worth of real life experiences with real people than watch other people live life for me. Come on, that's just lame.

2) I really want to be in love. Now, it might be a combination of the sinus-death-flu, the night-time medication and the movie, but I realized that I have had a broken heart for too long now. I am tired of it and I want to really walk out in love. Now, I don't think that I am quite ready to jump on the relationship boat, but I at least think that it is time to start feeling again. So, that might be way too personal for the blog world. If so, I blame the medication...

Pray that I get better so that I can go back to the HOP. I had so many people tell me not to come back until I am better. (Either that or cover my mouth when I walk in the room and cry out, "Unclean! Unclean!") But really, when I am sick, there is no place that I would rather be. So, hopefully, I will be back in the swing of things tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jerry James said...

I know there are many who have the same heart concerns as you do. I am one.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me: because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
God, I thank you that you have anointed me to bind up the brokenhearted, but I really don't know how to do that. Show me God.

Kristine said...

My poor baby! If I were there, I would feed you homemade chicken soup and fluff your pillows and bathe your forehead with mountain spring water, and peel grapes, and rub your feet, and shove medication down your throat. Miss me yet? Rendezvous in OC, OK soon?

charity said...

very soon. Do you have any plans for Easter Weekend?

Kristine said...

Oo! That sounds fun. But since we had 2 or 3 "snow" days, we have to make up one the Monday after Easter, but I do have Friday off! Shall we make plans?