Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

1.13.2007

Day 8

Tonight I was able to spend some time talking with my good friend Alison Smith, who is simply amazing. We started talking about the promises that the Lord has spoken over our lives and His faithfulness to bring them about, even when our life seems to be taking us in a completely opposite direction. I mean, let's face it. When I was little I never said, "I want to be an intercessory missionary when I grow up." And when I went to college, I didn't get my degree in prayer and fasting. Before I came to IHOP, I thought I had a pretty good idea of what the Lord wanted me to do with my life and then when I came here, it seemed like all of those ideas were wrong. I had found something at IHOP that made me come alive, but I still had other things that I felt like the Lord had promised me that I would do. So what about those promises? Had I heard wrong, or would He remain faithful to bring them about? It turns out that the Lord is incredibly faithful and His leadership is PERFECT to bring us into the place where our hearts come the most alive. As we were having this conversation I was reminded of a beholding verse, Luke 24:49,
"Behold, I send the promise of My Father, but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."
Here is another common IHOP verse. I have used this verse many times to explain why I am still in Kansas City and still at FSM. "I am just waiting in the city until the Holy Spirit comes on me and I am sent out." But tonight, I feel like the Lord is simply asking me, 'Will you wait on the promises when it looks like I am taking you in the opposite direction? Will you remain steadfast in doing what I called you to do today, and not worrying about fulfilling the promises yourself? Will you trust my leadership and my timing? Will you wait for me?' I am glad to say that today I can smile to myself and say yes. And then sigh. And then smile again.

He really is faithful, and I am not crazy for waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally agreeing with God's leadership and his faithfulness in our lives. I would have never thought about two years ago that I would be doing what I am doing today.

JD

Anonymous said...

Charity you are a beutiful person! And I don't even have any idea who you are, but Your heart for the Lord is awesome.