Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

1.15.2007

Day 9 and 10

Last night I was going to blog, but my dear friend Lizzy stopped me. Apparently she thinks I am getting 'addicted' to blogging or something like that. Ha...well....no really I could quit anytime...

Anyway, today in E-12 we were prophesying over each other and one person looked me square in the eyes and said, "You are a friend of the judge." It really impacted me because in the midst of all of the end time teaching we receive here at IHOP, it is very important to me to not despise the judgments of the Lord, but to actually learn to love 'the Jesus in red.' Actually, as I was amassing my list of beholding verses, it was stunning to see how many times the Lord called us to behold his judgments on the earth. From Gen 6:17,
“And behold, I Myself am bringing flood waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die,”
to Revelation 17:1,
"Then one of the angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,"
the Lord is calling us to gaze at His judgments. He wants to help us not to be offended at Him while He is revealing Himself to the nations of the world. This is so difficult! He is so holy and righteous and cannot abide sin, and yet so tender and merciful and never delights in the death of the wicked. The tensions could rip open the human heart were it not for the grace of the Lord to steady us. We can't shy away from the coming Judge. Behold, He is coming, with His garments stained red, and I have to be ready to receive Him as He is and not as I would like Him to be.

No comments: