Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

1.02.2007

90 Days of Consecration

I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy Onething!

Now it is 2007, time for new year's resolutions, or if you are on the nightwatch at IHOP, it is time for the 90 days of consecration. You might be asking yourself, "What is the 90 days of consecration?" Well, as a nightwatch we are going to spend the next three months seeking the Lord in a very intentional way. Some things like no talking in the Prayer Room for 90 days, a 21 day fast, weekly meetings to go through the Psalms of Ascents as well as learning how to live a focused life are on the agenda.

But the thing that I am most excited about is that I have purposed in my heart to be focused about 'beholding and blessing the Lord.' So for the past month I have been going through my bible to find every time it says the word, 'behold.' It seems to me that the word behold is like a double exclamation point in the word of God calling us to see, look, do a double take and even gaze at what the Lord is describing, and every night for the next 90 days I am going to meditate on a verse about beholding. So, now starting Friday, January 5th, I will share my verse of the day with your and hopefully a few thoughts to go with it. Hopefully this will be a blessing for some of you who desire to stand in the night (or day) and bless the Lord.

So check it out.

No comments: