Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

1.06.2007

Day 1

Even though I am currently on vacation at the Zadok House of Prayer in South Carolina, (that's right I went to another house of prayer for my vacation...), I am still joining with the kids in KC to mark today as the start of the 90 days of consecration. And like any good IHOPer I am obliged to begin any treatise on 'beholding' with Psalm 27:4:
"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the
beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."
Actually, this is not strictly and IHOP ideal, in fact tonight Kirk Bennet was speaking at the Zadok School of the Priests and the necessity of messengers living a priestly lifestyle. He said that priests were the ones who should keep knowledge and that they are the messengers of the Lord (Mal 2:7). How did these priests get this message? It came from dwelling in the house of the Lord, beholding the beauty of the Lord, and inquiring in His temple. The three-fold call to dwell, behold, and inquire is necessary in the preparation of messengers (which we are all about at FSM).

One last note about this 90 days is that consecration is not about becoming more holy or better for better's sake, but it is about separating ourselves to prepare for the purpose of encounter. So, my prayer for anyone who stumbles across this blog is that you would prepare for an encounter with the Lord, and as you behold Him that you would truly meet the King of Kings in a new way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say now into day 2, God is really giving us grace for this fast. I'm not near as hungry as I usually would be! for food anyway. Hurry home we miss you out here! have fun in NC!

Anonymous said...

Well said.