Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

2.07.2007

Day 32

Tonight, I am having trouble focusing and, while it could be for any reason, I am going to blame it on fasting brain. That’s right, it’s the first Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the month a.k.a the Global Bridegroom Fast or the acronym-friendly GBF. So, right now I am at the end of day two, having trouble focusing and just kind of silly. I am reminded of the GBF’s of old, Onething internship circa January of ’05. I remember this one time when we had a group of people in my car, one person was playing the guitar while the rest of us were writing ‘spontaneous songs.’ Notice the ‘’ around ‘spontaneous songs.’ I will now share the one chorus that has been stuck in my head all night.
“It's the Bridegroom Fast! Behold, the Bridegroom is coming! Jesus when you come, bring a cheeseburger! Because we’re hungry for you, and we’re hungry for cheeseburgers!”
O.k not exactly the level of maturity and spirituality that you might have come to expect from this ‘wordcast’, but seriously, I know that anyone who has ever embraced the GBF has had their minds wander to the various types of consumable goods. And now, once again, we see the wisdom of the night watch, because, “where can you get a good burger in KC at 5:30 in the morning?” Seriously.

No seriously, if you know, tell me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mcdonald's?

i know nothing.

but i have a blog now. [the peasants rejoice!]

http://kaciewatson.wordpress.com

feast on fun.

Anonymous said...

To the best of my knowledge, a good burger is unattainable at this hour. However... if you throw good out the window... there's always Burger King, as well. Then again... they probably think they have to serve breakfast at 5:30. So... I guess that means you have to throw burger out, too. So... given these slight modifications to your request...

You can find a " " at 5:30 am in Kansas City. Oh boy!