Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

2.21.2007

Day 46

Pardon me while I blow the dust off of this blog. Yeah, it’s been about a week, and really, if anything, I am more disappointed in myself than anything. I started this blog to hold myself accountable to meditating and beholding and blessing the Lord. Well, I could make the excuse that it has been a very tough week with a lot of relational/emotional dynamics, but really, that should have drawn me into meditating more. So, I have no excuse. But I will share a beholding verse that I am hoping will be very accurate in the next few days Hosea 2:14,
“Therefore, behold, I will allure her, I will bring her into the wilderness and speak comfort to her.”
In the last week I have been suddenly transported to the wilderness. I should have known. I have had some things come together in a serious way i.e opportunity to walk out in my calling etc. Two weeks ago, I was talking to Esther Myung (a wonderful woman, devoted intercessor and really prophetic) and telling her about what the Lord was doing and she said, “Oh, the Lord is going to take you to the wilderness because He always wants you to come to a new level leaning and limping.” Great. Not what I wanted to hear. The leaning and limping is taken from the Song of Solomon, “who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning on her Beloved?” Yeah, I kinda hoped that she would be wrong, but this week has proved more barren in prayer and frustrating in my job than anything I have gone through this year. I’ll throw this out for the nerd-core kids; the best description of my week is the story of Sisyphus. You know the guy who is doomed to push a rock up a hill over and over again for all eternity?

Anyway, there is good news. It is in the wilderness that God promises to speak comfort to His people. One translation says that He will speak kindly to her there. I certainly need some words of kindness and comfort. He has allured me to this place, I trust His leadership and I know that He will be faithful to speak words that will comfort my soul. He knows just how to lead me and I trust that I will come up from the wilderness leaning on my Beloved and fully in love.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Oh my goodness, can I relate to your post. I have been in a wilderness experience for the past 3 days. During that time I leaned on Him as I was limping. I kept saying that I trust in your leadership even though I may not understand. In the end He spoke comfort and unloaded a ton of revelation into my situation. He is awesome and His leadership is outstanding.