Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

2.23.2007

A shout out to the Night Watch kids...

Here is a short thought, completely off subject. Umm.. I love the people on the night watch. I love them I love them I love them! I love the fact that there has been an exponential increase of bloggers in the night. In examining this phenomena, I have found three reasons why I think this increase has occured.

1) People on the night watch are ridiculous, interesting and fun. No I am being totally serious. these are some of the most wonderful people that I have ever met in my life. Check out Jared Diehl for randomness and hilarity, oh yeah, the booorgeeous pig is quickly becoming a classic. (And if you ask, I'll tell you the real story of what really happened in Prague...)

2) People on the night watch love jesus a lot. They sit for hours every night thinking about him, meditating, studying and worshiping him. Any one who does that for any extended period of time must be brimming with revelation. For the great theological revelation check out Amanda Beattie, and if you want to read some fantastic poetry and prose, check out Jonathan Barclay.

3) Because of the 90 days of concercration, and the 'no talking in the PR' rule, we are craving interaction, story telling and sharing our lives with other people. If I had to pick an explanation, this would be it. If I can't talk to Victoria, Kyle, Kacie or Zach to find out what has been going on in their lives, all I have to do is check out their blog. And there it is online for all to see.

Now, of course I have day watch friends. And there is a whole daytime blog community with Sliker and Steeno and Shawn and Randy et. al. But let's face it, who reads that stuff anyway?

All that to say, I love the night watch kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to ask--I totally want to hear the real story of what happened in Prague.

Anonymous said...

you make a good point about the recent influx of nightwatch blogs... i never thought of it that way, but it sure does make a lot of sense.

jolly good, yes.







i still think pirates can kick ninja butt, ye scurvy dog. : )

Jonathan said...

Shyeah, the night watch rules, even more than Pirates do, who are ineffably more amazing than ninjas. Go nightwatch

Kyle said...

i'm not a kid...i'm, like, 31!

Victoria said...

Hey man...since I am not participating in the consecration, that is not the reason I started a blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Ummm... I clicked so that I could comment... and then I totally forgot what I was going to say. And now I am telling you all about it. Wow... I'm cool.

So... because I am without whatever profound comment I had originally intended to make... I will simply say...

Indeed.

(What am I saying "indeed" to, exactly? Umm... I'm not sure. You choose.)