Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

2.14.2007

Day 38

I just had an amazing conversation with Kevin Samuel. Kevin is a great friend of mine who has a heart for the entertainment industry. He was going to go to film school, but, like so many of us, was re-directed to IHOP first. So tonight he tells me that the Lord is downloading ideas to him about a screen play. At this, I start freaking out. While Dave Sliker is calling forth the 'wordcasters' send forth the word of the Lord on the Web, I have been praying that the Lord will raise up playwrights and screen writers with the word of the Lord. Forerunners and messengers to the entertainment industry who can stand on the platform of the media and declare the knowledge of God to billions of people across the world. This is something that the Lord has had me praying for months, and so I am so excited to see it starting to happen here in KC.

So I am offering a challenge to any of my aspiring writer-type friends. Put down the short story and try writing a play. Try your hand at dialogue. Try a film script complete with camera shots. No seriously. Jared Diehl. I am calling you out, instead of improv-ing your next film, write a full script, I think it will be a rewarding challenge.

And who knows, maybe in the future, I might have a 10-min play contest?
Any takers?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so in!

Anonymous said...

It's a great idea. I've tried my hand at writing a play once or twice...many years ago... and it was lamer than I care to recall. I love writing fiction, and I bet a play would be fun, but I seem to always be at a shortage of good story ideas to sustain either.

And I'm about maxed out with writing right now on our commentary... yipes.

But I do think it is a great idea, and I definitely want to see what everyone comes up with.

Victoria said...

yeah...no. sounds fun though. just wanted to say i miss you. :)

Unknown said...

Well since my name is mentioned in this blog I guess I should respond...I am up for the challenge..when I first started writing a lot back in high school I started out writing screenplays...I realized that it is way harder than it seems....but I am willing to pick it up again....give me a deadline