Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

2.09.2007

A random thought for a random week...

Yes, I know. I haven't blogged in a while. trust me it has been a crazy week. Last week, I am just a mild-mannered intercessory missionary/FSM student and this week I am a mild-mannered intercessory missionary/FSM student/Lighting Director of IHOP and oh, by the way, did I mention that we are doing this on LIVE TV? Yeah, it's been an interesting week.

But by far, the most interesting thing that happened to me, happened yesterday. Around 4 pm I get a call from my friend JD. He has something to bring me and wants to know if I am home. I say, yes and he comes over with 8 pounds of mild Cheddar cheese. You might be saying to yourself, "Wow, that's random." It's amazing, I was saying the same thing. Well, here's the story. JD works part-time at a dairy farm and the sweet old lady that he works for decided to give him 50 pounds of cheese as a thank you. 50 lbs. is a lot of cheese. What can you do with 50 lbs. of cheese? Give it to your friends, I guess.

So JD leaves and I return to the 8 lbs. of cheese now sitting on my counter. And I begin to think, "What can I possible do with all this cheese?" Now here is the interesting/disturbing thought. Honestly, as I looked at this towering pile of dairy on my counter, my first thought was, "If I were Jared Diehl, I would make a movie about all the things I could do with this cheese." I caught myself and laughed out loud. It is amazing how pervasive the night watch culture is.

I would call Jared and share this veritable cornacopia of hilarity with him, but he is out of town, so the movie idea is out. Does anyone else have any ideas of what I can do with all this cheese?

I promise, next week, I will return to my normal devotional self.

7 comments:

Emily Meagan said...

you got how much cheese?!!!? that is crazy? now i'm stuck thinking about things you could do with cheese other than eatting it... my tired brain is finding nothing

Anonymous said...

well, if you feel like passing on some of that enormous gift, i like cheese...

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. You could give it to all of your friends. You know... kind of pass along the cheese blessing, so to speek. So... one person being blessed with a ridiculous amount of cheese quickly becomes a great number of people being blessed with a fairly reasonable amount of cheese.

And... umm... if you happen to go with the "pass it along" plan... please be sure to include your fellow femail INTJs. You know... if you happen to know any. ;)

Jonathan said...

wow......just wow.

Anonymous said...

You need a friend who works in a bakery that needs to give you 20+ loaves of bread. That way you could make grilled cheese sandwiches and deliver them to the poor and hungry!

Perhaps look in your cupboard and ask Jesus to multiply your own loaf of bread?

Anonymous said...

Macaroni and cheese and more macaroni and cheese!!

Kyle said...

I like cheese too. I'll take a pound if you want to get rid of some.