Psalm 134 - "Behold and Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord. The Lord who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion!

2.22.2007

Day 47

Tonight, the Lord has been kind in the way that He’s been dealing with me. I am certainly getting those tender words in the wilderness that I asked for last night. Tonight He brought me to my life verse and just kept reminding me of what He has done for me and who I am called to be. It is amazing that one tiny verse in the bible could contain both my past and my future, my testimony as well as my calling. I hope it is not too forward, but I will share it with the five or six people who read this blog. Psalm 118:17,

“I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.”


That’s’ it. My entire life can be summed up in one sentence. It’s the beauty of simplicity.


For anyone who knows a little of my story, you can understand the weight of this verse. But the long and short of it is this, when I came to IHOP two years ago, I had a severe bi-polar disorder. A disorder like this is incurable and my best hope was to be medicated for the rest of my life. From the time I was ten years old, I was severely depressed and suicidal, but two years ago I was supernaturally healed of this incurable disorder. One day I was in the prayer room crying out to the Lord for healing and I felt like the Lord said that He wanted me to break the curse that I had spoken over myself. He wanted me to say, “I don’t want to die, I want to live,” the number of times that I had said, “I want to die,” over the course of my life. I estimated that I had probably said “I want to die” 10 times a day from the time I was ten years old. When I calculated it out, it came to 46,450 times! I thought to myself, “what have I go to loose” and gave it a try. So I sat in the back of the PR with a calculator and said “I don’t want to die, I want to live” 2,000 times a day for three weeks. I don’t know how or when the change happened, but I know that I had my last episode on February 17th 2005. People who know me today would have no idea that I was ever sick.

And the second part of the verse? The rest of my life is devoted to declaring the works of the Lord. You can call me a messenger, a forerunner, or a voice; it doesn’t matter. My life is about calling people to behold and bless the Lord; calling people to be fascinated by the only person that really matters. And that’s it. Everything else is secondary.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a not-so-vague recollection of you telling this story to the nightwatch once last year (probably about this time, too)--it didn't piece together in my mind that it was you, though (i didn't know you then, nor did i actually see you when you spoke because of where i was). i remember hearing it clearly... i was in the back of the PR sitting by the trash can at the israel room and i had been having it out with the Lord because i was at my end and i just couldn't handle IHOP or this lifestyle or anything else anymore. then you testified to his goodness and i started saying the same thing you said over myself. i found peace. i had life. and i knew i was saved.

thanks for being a living testimony, and for sharing it again. it is good for me to hear... it is good for everybody to hear. God is good. may we live to proclaim of his goodness forever to all generations...

Anonymous said...

and, sidenote: i'm eating cheese right now.

i like cheese.

especially this cheese. dang. it's some good cheese (but it's not gouda! bahahahaha... i'm punny...)

Anonymous said...

Charity, thank you for sharing your powerful testimony and your life verse. I offer you this verse in the context that "All things work together for good..."

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

God Bless!

P.S. Make that 5 or 6+ people who read this blog! : )

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Life & death truly lie under the authority of the tongue. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Anonymous said...

This is really encouraging! Thanks for sharing this! CBB

charity said...

I love the fact that 3 people that I don't know left comments. That means that there has to be at least a dozen people who read this!

Anonymous said...

Yep that's probably true...=D

Anonymous said...

i love this! i have been praying for people with mental afflictions to be healed; a testimony like this is so encouraging! Way to go Jesus and Charity too!
zack's mom
i read your blog and i love nightwatchers

Jonathan said...

Yeah, it is amazing. Chauncey told me that story a couple times and it got me through alot in FITN. You truly are a blessing, truly. Your life holds power, be blessed!